starting strength gym

Thread: After LP

Default After LP

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    So I think I am approaching me end of the LP.

Now Im going to cut some fat. Maybe also start incorporating some running. Maybe do some ”bodybuilding”. Maybe just lift 1-2 times a week. Maybe sign up for a meet and reach a new PR. Maybe do an Intermediate programme. Maybe do crossfit. Maybe do yoga and barbell lifts.

I do not know which goal to strive for yet (except the fat loss). No matter what I will do, I want to retain my lift numbers as they are now (I shall never be week again).

Does the book Practical Programming cover all of these aspects of barbell training, or does is it ”just” contain programming for increasing the lifts further?

I have a hunch that you're not done with LP.

Sadly, Practical Programming does not cover how to lose weight, bodybuild, maintain strength, get stronger, do yoga, all while CrossFitting, and running at the same time.

Sorry for the unclear question.

Does practical programming contain programming for maintaing Strength whilst doing other training? E.g. If I want to maintain strength by training 1-2 times a week or maintain strength in the lifts while doing some running.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturw View Post
    Sorry for the unclear question.

Does practical programming contain programming for maintaing Strength whilst doing other training? E.g. If I want to maintain strength by training 1-2 times a week or maintain strength in the lifts while doing some running.
    Thanks for this question, it made me pick up PP and skim through it which is always valuable.

The short answer no..... but wait...there's more!!

PP contains a wealth of information for building and maintaining strength. By understanding the book and doing the program you have now equipped yourself with the life-long educational asset of how to optimally strength train.

If you understand how to build and maintain strength per this program you can always add other activities, monitor the results, and adjust.

Going the other way, I have yet to find an endurance training program that has any quality content for strength training as compared to this program. Most endurance training programs cover strength training by general guidelines of doing high rep bodyweight exercises (that you could do for years with zero progress).

If you run your NLP and read/undstand PP and combine it with some outside endurance training knowledge you should have enough info to make a good program for yourself. If not you can always reach out and get some coaching.

A picture says more then words

starting strength coach development program
    FWIW, of anyone else reads this thread, PP contains it all. I got the book and with it you are ”set” for whatever strength training you can think of.