starting strength gym

Thread: ksc method for powerbuilding while losing weigth?

Default ksc method for powerbuilding while losing weigth?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Basically i stopped training for a few weeks, i want to go back to the gym but also switch my training because i got really bored and tired of HLM, and also lose a couple of pounds and focus a little more into hypertrophy. I looked into KSC method for powerbuilding (haven't bought it yet, because i want to buy it when im really gonna use it) but as i've heard from Andy, that program is not meant for losing weight, still, is there any way i can actually change it and work through a cut with it? Or should i just stick to HLM while i lose fat? My numbers were SQ:330. DL:395. BP:192. PRESS:125 (this one is an all time high). And i weight about 210.

I doubt HLM and cutting will work.

I've had Andy Coach me and lost 16lbs, but it required a very specific program to maintain strength on lower volume intensity and higher volume back off/accessory lifts. I've just about come out of it with most of my strength intact, but there have been losses. My Squat has gone sideways from 100Kg 3 sets across, to 80Kg. Deadlift, Bench and press are about the same. Unsurprisingly, I can now do more unassisted dips, pull ups and chins which doesn't count for much.

If you want to lose weight, then you are going to have to accept stagnating lifts, or loss. For me it was a no brainer because my BP had spiked so I was back on meds. I was also troubled by digestive issues/poor sleep and the fact that I just didn't feel comfortable with a 40" waist at 5'8". If you don't have health risks, then why not plough on and get that DL up to 500lbs ? Then decide what you want to do.