starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift Goal, Deadlift Injury. Deadlift Help!

Default Deadlift Goal, Deadlift Injury. Deadlift Help!

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Was hoping I can get some help reaching my goal of deadlifting 600lbs befor May 28th!
    I've been an Intermediate lifter now for about 2 years. Im a 6ft2in 330 lb male. 27 yo. My current lifts are:
    1RM squat 515lbs
    Bench press 305x4x5
    Press 230x3x5
    Deadlift 520x4x2
    I deadlifted 500x5x2 at the beginning of the year and in a flood of self confidence I told the internet I would deadlift 600 before june.
    I know I can do this but Im running into a few issues all at once that are making progress slow at the moment.
    1) Deadlift heavy days are supposed to be 2 sets of 4 reps adding 5 lbs a week, however these workouts have become really heavy and really grindy to the point I find myself not wanting to go to the gym
    2) I popped my low back today while deadlifting. Based on previous experience, I will recover and be ready to lift heavy again within 7-10 days, however, I will be going on a wedding planning trip to florida with my fiancee from 3/18 till 3/23 and more than likely wont get to lift during this time. Im worried that the injury and time off will cost me both precious training time and pounds on the bar.
    Current programming on HLM

Monday:
    Squat +5lbsx3x4 (current weight 470)
    Z-press 75% of last heavy pressx6x3
    Barbell Rows +5lbsx5x3 ( current weight 255)

Wednesday
    Press +5lbsx3x5(current weight 230)
    Light squat 75% of last heavy squatx5x3

Friday
    Deadlift +5lbsx4x2 (current weight 520)
    Bench press +5lbsx4x5 (current weight 290)
    Band assisted pull upsxfailurex3

I don't care about any of my other lifts besides deadlift until june. How do we make this happen? I was thinking of taking out heavy squats until then and only doing the light day, maybe substitute in some rack pulls to help the deadlift on monday.
    What do you think I should do? Thanks for your time and help.

The deadlift is an evil bitch. Trying to LP the deadlift with sets across will fuck you hard, as you already learned.

Try cycling your loads and don’t grind except for once a month. Look up some of Andy Bakers programs (8/5/2)