starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Will & Love for Training , Very Lazy about Programming ( Sadly need Adjustments)

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And yet, somehow, knows more about this than you do. It's almost as if Elite Athletes are elite IN SPITE OF WHAT THEY DO IN TRAINING. Not because of it.
    as mentioned before i dont care about the theory. i only care about results.
    i rest 4 day a week and sleep 10h daily. i eat 5000+ kcal a day. Clean, healthy and high quality food.
    My Warm Up , Mobility Work do NOT fatigue my muscles at all. I see Mr Joseph Rodriguez point of reducing Hard Conditioning and the Box Jumps/Med Ball Slams.
    Quite weird because Mr Jim Wendler ( who you actually have a high oppinion one) advices these things before the actual lifting. To quote him

Don't skip jumping and throwing. You won't ruin your strength doing jumps and throws prior to training. Apparently, some people are so out of shape that doing 3 sets of 5 box jumps makes them weaker. If this is you, suck it up and get in better shape.

His Warm-Up Routine is 1:1 from him.
    Joe Defranco wrote a simple program called the Agile 8. You perform the following movements prior to training:
    "Ground-Based Mobility Phases
    Foam Roll IT Band: 10-15 passes
    Foam Roll Adductors: 10-15 passes
    SMR Glutes (lax ball): 30sec. – 2min.
    Bent-knee Iron Cross x 5-10 each side
    Roll-overs into V-sits x 10
    Rocking Frog Stretch x 10
    Fire Hydrant Circles x 10 fwd/10 bwd
    Mountain Climbers x 10 each leg
    Cossack Squats x 5-10 each side
    Seated Piriformis Stretch x 20-30sec. each side
    Rear-foot-elevated Hip Flexor Stretch x 5-10 reps (3sec. hold) each side
    "
    I even did cuts on it.

"My general rule is to do 10-20 jumps or throws prior to each training session but this will always change depending on what you are doing in the weight room. "

* CONDITIONING, FULL BODY: SOUAT. Bench, Deadlift , Because of the amount of squatting being done during these templates, it's best to do the hard conditioning on the same days you train. This leaves you the off-days to do easy conditioning and recovery work. 

Something to get moving: This is either the AirDyne bike, jump rope, Prowler or sled. This usually takes 3-5 minutes and never done in a way to make me tired.

My goal is not to because the strongest person on this forum but to help improve my craft boxing. what i lack is strength.
    thats why im hear. technique will not vanish so i cut out the boxing lessons. cardio can be rebuild - i can cut out the conditioning part.

but i still feel like squatting heavy 3 times a week is killing me so i suggested if its fine to reduce the percentage to 80% on wednesday LIKE YOU WROTE in your book for a later phase.

"
    After the second or third reset for squats, a light squat day is introduced. Squats on Wednesday are 80% of Monday’s squats. Weight is still added to squats on Monday and Friday so that they are personal records. For a healthy young male, when your total increase on squats is 5 pounds per week or less you should consider moving to an intermediate program."

"The transition to light squat days and weighted chin-ups and pull-ups can happen at different times."

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCharmant View Post
    My goal is not to because the strongest person on this forum but to help improve my craft boxing. what i lack is strength. thats why im hear.
    No, that's not why you're here. Not at all.

You know adrian, you're right. My stats from many years ago aren't impressive. But the fact is I'm still here and still training. Let's see where you're at in a few months.

Also, if my years old stats don't impress you, you shouldn't take my advice. However, I'm sure there will be a reply by someone whose stats do impress you. Take their advice. Guaranteed to be the same.

Beginning stats: 35 years old, 5'6, 236#, fluffy rank novice
    Squat:
    Work:
    300 x 5 x 3
    Dead:
    Work:
    315 x 5 x 1
    Work
    204 x 3 x 1

Advice from you? No, thank you.
    Not strong, not athletic.
    His training log’s last entry is five years old. He might have done a little work since then.

AdrianCharmant you do everything good except deadlift.

Stop doing deadlift. They will fuck you up really bad. Robert Oberst said this on Joe Rogan podcast. Robert is strong, like 300 kg squat strong. Or maybe even stronger. His advice is the best advice because he is strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    No, that's not why you're here. Not at all.
    you seem to know better than i do.

sad its just personal thing for you since i bashed Rogue for his arrogant comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue1979 View Post
    You know adrian, you're right. My stats from many years ago aren't impressive. But the fact is I'm still here and still training. Let's see where you're at in a few months.

Also, if my years old stats don't impress you, you shouldn't take my advice. However, I'm sure there will be a reply by someone whose stats do impress you. Take their advice. Guaranteed to be the same.
    You hit it right on the nose. Theres nothing what gives you the right to be cocky. Do yourself a favor and dont compare us. Most important Its the way how you said it , not what you said. As you see others gave me similiar advices and i took notice and respected that. Its not about impressing but i think even in america first earn the right to be cocksure.
    you bring absolutly nothing to the table. nothing.

I openly admit that it was a big mistake to seek out for help here.

And I openly admit that it was a mistake to have approve your inane OP. It won't happen again, since I learn from my mistakes.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue1979 View Post
    Here's a tip. Get ready for this. Sit down and let it soak in: Read the fucking book, do the program as written, and stop doing the "warm up" crap. To warm up for squat do this: Squat! You don't have an issue recovering from squats. You have an issue of recovering from your half hour circus act.
    already disqualified you in any regard. Your neither strong nor fit. Just a fat keyboard warrior to me. I

Maybe you should read again what i wrote. Im olympic boxer who used to train a twice a day. Your called "circus act" doesnt burn me out at all but its to make get my body into a good temperature and light sweat. I dont even breath heavy after it. Maybe for you it would be hell.
    Disregarding good advice -- why did you even post? I'm way stronger and "fitter" than you and Rogue1979 is exactly right.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12