starting strength gym

Thread: Assistance exercise program for conjugate

Default Assistance exercise program for conjugate

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Andy I have been following your write up a while back on the conjugate method. I’ve really been able to make progress on this style of training but due to my gym closing and having to work out at home I’m limited to a rack, barbell and weights. I have rings for the rack, pull up bar and a load able dumbbell and flat bench.

My question is how would I go about to make assistant exercises with this limited equipment?

Don't worry about a bunch of assistance stuff. Do the max effort movements, the volume/speed movements.

Off the top of my head:

Low Bar Squat, Low Bar Pause Squat, High Bar Squat, High Bar Pause Squat, Front Squat, Pin Squat, Box Squat
    Deadlift, Deficit Deadlift from 1-4 inches, Rack Pulls of various heights, Snatch Grip Deadlifts, RDLs/SLDLs for 5s, Goodmornings for 5s.

Bench Press, Paused Bench Press, Close Grip Bench, Paused Close Grip Bench, Incline Bench, Bench off the Pins (various heights), Floor Press, etc.

Here is a quick routine:

Mon - Max Effort Squat variant - top single, RDL / SLDL 3x5, Rows
    Weds - Max Effort Bench variant - top single, 5 x 5 @ 75% (back off), Push ups / Dips, Chins, etc
    Fri - Volume Squat / Volume Deads
    Sat - Volume Bench, OHP, Chins

Again, off the top of my head but you can make that work pretty damn good

Awesome thanks for the ideas. I appreciate it