starting strength gym

Thread: Phase 3 pulling

Default Phase 3 pulling

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I just started week 7 of SS and struggling to progress on my pulls. Week 6 I started phase 3 with a huge deadlift PR, but by end of friday I was so exhausted I skipped cleans. I'm also dealing with a shoulder injury which is aggravated by squats. Yesterday's squats took so much out of my hips I only managed 1 rep on deadlift with a rounded back. Should I move my deadlifts to Wednesday after my light squats? And when should I clean? After heavy squats it's just so hard to do anything else. Not only because of fatigue to my hips and lower back but also due to shoulder soreness.

I don't measure my calories but I've eaten enough to gain 40 pounds in 7 weeks. I don't have a job so I sleep and nap as as much as I want at odd hours, but not sure of the exact count. I always rest 10 min between sets.

Switching to high bar yesterday seemed to help me. I started light with 80 kg (low bar is 135), which I still felt in my hips, but didn't aggravate my shoulders or strain my lower back. Pressing and cleaning after that felt great and I got the PRs I missed in the previous workouts.