starting strength gym

Thread: A Hybrid Model for Olympic Lifting

Default A Hybrid Model for Olympic Lifting

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello everyone!

I´m reading for second time the book "Practical Program for Strength Training and I´m learning more details that went unnoticed in the previous reading. I´ve just read the section on "A Hybrid Model for Olympic Lifting", specially directed for weightlifters, and these doubts have arisen:

-#1: Regarding a person who wants to direct their training towards weightlifting as their main sport, and the novice program has already ended. Would he start the intermediate program with a pure version of the Texas Method or already directly with the Hybrid Model?

-#2: For a sprinter, the Hybrid Model for Olympic Lifting would be the approach to follow, as the weightlifter? Would he also benefit from the Texas Method (pure version)? Is there a more appropriate method of strength training for a sprinter in the intermediate program?

I really appreciate your answers as a fan of Starting Strength from Spain with great hope of becoming a coach of your franchise one day.

Greetings,
    Hugo

1. As stated specifically in the book, the Olympic program is an Advanced Program. That's why it's in Chapter 8 entitled "The Advanced."

2. There is no sprint-specific programming in the book. A sprinter should not follow an advanced program designed for an Advanced Olympic Lifter.

He is talking about the hybrid Texas method model for Olympic lifting. It is toward the end of the Texas method chapter.

Okay, found it, on page 138. Thanks Eric. So,

1. I would start with straight Texas method first, for about 6 weeks to accustom yourself to the work, then switch to this variation.

2. Unless Eric can find one, I don't believe there is a sprint-specific program in the book.

There is no specific program for sprinting however there is a short tidbit in the dynamic effort section of the Texas method chapter about a specific program that states it is good for track and field.