starting strength gym

Thread: Advanced lifter going into quarantine

Default Advanced lifter going into quarantine

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi, I have some programming problems I'm not sure how to solve. I am a 27-year-old male, 220lbs. I live in Colorado which has shut down gyms for thirty days due to coronavirus -- I'm also thinking it may end up being more than that. I ordered some legit equipment online but only the rack got here because all the warehouses are in states that have shelter-in-place or something similar going on (northern CA and PA). So I now have a rack and some old 1-inch weights and a bar for 1-inch weights which can total 170lbs (again, even 1-inch weights are sold out everywhere, and if you can get them online the prices are totally obscene, like >$3/lb). I had just finished up a 5-week volume accumulation for an advanced taper ending with a PR 5x5 with 420lbs. I was aiming for a 500lb squat in four weeks at the end of the peaking phase, and a 560 deadlift. I was thinking I could do something like 8x8 for really high volume and still get something out of only 170lbs, but since I just finished an accumulation phase that would normally require high intensity, I'm not sure what to do next. I am emailing my gym (and some other local gyms) trying to rent or borrow equipment to use on my patio but it doesn't look like any of that is going to pan out. So my basic questions are: what can I do for intensity, and can I start another volume/accumulation phase early?

Thanks.

You're asking how a 500 squatter gets increased strength with 170. He doesn't, sorry. The laws of physics have not yet been addressed by the nationwide lockdown. You are going to detrain, but this will be the least of your problems. Sorry again. You can do Andy's program to stave off complete inactivity.

Bar and plates: Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace