Default Quarantine, no bench, no rack.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hope all is well to all

I have:
    Olympic weight set. Bar / weights
    Dumbell sets

Don't have bench or squat rack.

Please help me understand the best program I could do while missing the rack and bench.

*can not get or make bench/rack anytime soon*

Thank you very much. I wish you safe and well being.

Hello everyone. I know everyone is in the same boat. If there is a better forum or if it was answered already I'm sorry I can't find it. I just don't want to guess and hurt myself. I don't mind doing the homework to answer this question.
    I can replace the bench press for a floor press but not sure about the squat.
    I also don't know the set/reps days with a modified routine.
    Thanks you for your kindness

It might come out sounding like I'm being a smart ass, but I'm not. You mean "How did people train before the bench press?" Deadlift, power clean, clean and press, clean and jerk, rowing, pullups, chinups, pushups etc, The list is pretty long.

You don't mention how much weight you have. But assuming it's enough, you can deadlift and clean as usual. You can do sets of presses after your 3rd clean rep. Learn to powersnatch. Theoretically you could also squat (suboptimally) with whatever you can safely clean and press and then lower to your shoulders. Having someone spot you in that would be good. Remember, you're not limited by what you can press over your head at the beginning of the set, but the end.
    You could do front squats instead. Or overhead squats from the snatch position.Goodmornings are an option from the backsquat position. Program those on days you don't deadlift. You could do RDLs or stiff legs that day too. I think the extra back/ham work would be helpful especially if you're not squatting at all or only front squatting. If you're not set up to do chins you can do rows or even barbell curls.

If you have a friend/family member to help you can do floor presses or weighted pushups with plates.

Be sure to watch Andy's video for ideas on rep ranges for the suboptimal exercises. Also he's got great tips on maximizing the pushup type exercises, which would help in the absence of benching.