starting strength gym

Thread: Possible variations due to limited equipment

Default Possible variations due to limited equipment

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi,

I was progressing on the program (novice phase) and with the quarantine I'm limited as to what I can do now.

I have plate combinations that go up 90kg then up to 110kg - I was at about 97.5 kg (for both squat and deadlift) before the quarantine.

I don't have a bench and the plates I have are too much for me to OHP at the moment. For OHP maybe I should just do higher weight but lower reps?

What I'd like to ask is should I just continue with squat and deadlift at the 90kg (110kg feels like too big a leap at the moment I think), or should I perhaps consider lower weight with higher volume? Or perhaps variations on these exercises?

I'm doing higher volume OHP as I don't know what else to do and am doing weighted push ups for the upper body.

I don't know much about programming so normally would just stick with the program as written but as I can't really do the program as written I thought I'd ask for some advice here. If the advice is just stick with what I'm doing that's fine of course!

thanks

If only someone had thought to ask this before.