starting strength gym

Thread: Everything on the Internet is wrong about hyperlordosis / APT. It is weak hams.

Default Everything on the Internet is wrong about hyperlordosis / APT. It is weak hams.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    And I have weak hams because all my life I was walking wrong.

1) The correct posture cue from the viewpoint of someone with hyperlordosis / APT is not "standing up straight", it is not "tilt the pelvis back", it is "tilt the d*ck forward". F*ck the air. I knew this before.

2) What I did not know and the physical-therapist-lifting-trainer told me that when I tilt the d*ck forward, I should also be pulling my thighs back, with the posterior chain! Mind = blown. Immediately when trying that, much less abs-work needed to keep the d*ck forward i.e. correct pelvic posture. (Obviously, overcorrecting it would be PPT, PPT sufferers, the no-ass people need to tilt the d*ck backwards.)

3) Pulling the thighs back while tilting the d*ck forward is not a glutes vs. hip flexors problem, glutes are strong (mine are), hip flexors are not, glutes easily overpower hip flexors. It is my QUADS that were resisting pulling the thighs back, and thus it is the hamstrings that need to overpower them, and they had no chance, being super weak and super not knowing how the heck even to activate them.

4) Looking at how normies walk, they pull the leg backward from the center line of the body (with glutes and hams), and them raise the hind hoof back and up in the air before moving it forward (hams). I was just shuffle-kicking my feet forward all my life, foot going no more back than the center line of the body, raise it an inch, kick it forward, fall on it (kind of). People never said I walk weird (42 years old and diagnosed autist so a little bit weird anyway), and I was walking fast enough. People only said why are you tripping over carpet edges and thresholds? That should have been a clue.

5) Right now I am experimenting with walking like a human, pull the leg back, raise the hind foot back and up before moving it forward, I immediately feel there is less abs work needed to keep the d*ick-forward pelvic tilt.

(Any other male who had enough s*x and had it in non-lazy positions like missionary would never have this problem APT/hyperlordosis problem.)

It also feels good. It feels like I am sitting on a$$ in the air. Hard to explain. Good posture generally means your bones bear your weight, not screaming, stiff, painful muscles. Same with upper body, once I learned to not be hunched and of course "stand up straight" was a terribly bad cue here too (all it does is that I pull my shoulders up to my ears), the correct cue was "shoulder blades back and down", I learned to my amazement that now my bones wear the weight of my arms and not my poor painful traps and they immediate began to be less painful and stiff.

Question: what exercises strenghten the hams without putting any stress on the lower back? So no deadlift variations.

This post is 497 words of either gibberish or a cry for help.

There’s plenty of ways to isolate your hamstrings - leg curl is the most obvious one - but why would you want to? You’ve just written a long post about how the hamstrings work together with the hips and the musculature of your midsection to keep you standing up straight. Deadlifts are literally practicing standing up straight, just while holding a heavy load. So if you’re having trouble standing up straight, consider doing the big compound movements as they’re described in the blue book. You will find it easier to produce proper posture when you are stronger, and there are lots of other benefits as well.