starting strength gym

Thread: Strength & Mass after 40

Default Strength & Mass after 40

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Started doing the Strength and Mass over 40. Making good progress, starting to accumulate some nicks and dings. Feel like I need to do my first deload. Reading from the paper, I do the main lifts at a lighter weight. Do I do the accessory lifts at all? Do I do one set of the accessory lifts to lower volume for the week? Just need some clarity. I am making good progress and don't want to lose any ground.

Do the main lifts for like 3 x 5 at about a 10-20% reduction in load. Just 1 set on Deads. Cut the assistance volume by about 50% and lower the intensity 10-20%.

I also have a Youtube Video about Deloading you might wanna check out: How to DELOAD Properly on a Strength Program - YouTube

Even though I tried to make it sound really complicated, it's not - just take an easy week of training.

After I do the Deload 3x5 week, do I go back and do the heavier 3x5 week or do I follow the pattern and go to the 3x3 week. I am assuming the 3x3 week. Letting the less volume week have more of an effect.