starting strength gym

Thread: Prowler Programming

Default Prowler Programming

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hey Mark,
    Can you direct me to any articles on programming the prowler. I can’t seem to find it on the site or YouTube. Can I do prowler after each workout to help get my body fat percentage down? I am currently around 30%. If so, how many reps do you suggest to not overdo it while still being able to get conditioning up. Thanks

Have you tried the search function on the website? If not, consider giving that a try before you post here. Search 'prowler' and you will stumble upon oodles of information about this useful tool. However, training history and goals are important to consider when implementing conditioning. Are you a novice?

Yeah I did I just saw the death by prowler article and a bunch of forum stuff. Some of it older saying that they are still leaning about the prowler. I have ran NLP but took some time off so I’m going to run it again. But I want some conditioning for overall health and body composition. Just wondering if I can do it after every workout or 1-2 times per week willing to do whatever I can but not wanting to overdo it and affect my recovery

The general advice in terms of conditioning is to hold off until at least late stage novice or intermediate training, but to give you the benefit of the doubt, there are some other factors at play. What is your age/height/weight? What are you eating (macros)?

A question on the prowler video vs the article (death by prowler). The article discusses sprints. But the video makes no mention of sprints, and shows an upright walk to get the job done.

Has SS modified how to perform this, kind of like the press to press 2.0?

I have never advocated sprinting with the prowler. The video is my preferred method.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I have never advocated sprinting with the prowler. The video is my preferred method.
    Roger that. Assumed (incorrectly) that since it was published on the site, it was something you were good with. Curious to see that by walking, how much 'less hard' it will be vs 'sprinting'. I'd think walking creates so much less 'momentum' that it will be very hard.

Outside of the walking vs sprinting, is their any "sets/reps" programming you prefer vs what's in the article?