starting strength gym

Thread: Bar speed setback

Default Bar speed setback

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello,

I have been on the Starting Strength program for two weeks. Everything went smoothly until now. The bar speed of my last squatting session dramatically decreased.

Weight: 92kg
    Height: 1.87m

My last 2 reps from each of my squat sets felt like a grinding fest, to the point where I didn't know whether I would be able to finish the last one. It also gets scarier since I do not have a spotter since I train at home and none of my family members knows how to spot. It is fair that I wasn't able to sleep optimally because of the summer heat, but my other lifts went as normal without any drawback whatsoever, unlike my squatting sets.

What would the appropriate approach be in this situation?
    a. Ignore the bar speed and continue adding weight
    b. Repeat the last squatting session in my next workout
    c. Deload by 10% and work my way back

Thank you.

Video?

Unfortunately I did not film any videos during that session(last Monday), however I did film PRIOR to that session(last Friday)

Squat set - YouTube

Although I did not have any bar speed problems during this session, I'm thinking there might be some underlying issues in this squatting session that might have led to the bar speed problem in the following session.

Everybody listen up: As of Sept. 15, 2020, barefoot squats will be deleted. Man-bun squats the same day. And read this: Required reading before posting

Sorry Mark, I thought just putting a shirt on would be sufficient but it isn't apparently! Will also instruct my brother to refrain from his artistic tendencies of bouncing the camera. Man-bun stays because I like mix between savageness and discipline this hairstyle provides.