starting strength gym

Thread: Fixing my Programming mid LP

Default Fixing my Programming mid LP

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I will admit that until very recently, I had never read the Blue Book, even though I followed what I perceived to be the SS program. Without going too much into detail, I finally got to the programming section and realized that I had not been doing things correctly (I unfortunately found Stronglifts 5x5 before I found SS). In short, I have only been doing workouts as A/B with A being SQ/BP/DL and B being SQ/PR/DL without implementing PCs, Chins, Back Extensions, etc. My stats are as follows:

Height: 6'0 (6'2 on Tinder)
    Weight (192 lbs and increasing)
    Nutrition: Eating around 4000 calories every day with at least 225g of protein
    SQ - 235x3x5
    BP - 145x3x5
    PR - 110x3x5
    DL - 275x1x5

Obviously I need to start implementing PCs, chins, and back extensions, but I wanted to know what I should do about my squat catching up to my deadlift. If I start deadlifting every other workout (and especially once every five workouts), my squat will catch up pretty rapidly. Should I try to aim for >5 DL jumps? Also, I'm more than open to any advice in general that one can glean from this.

Point taken. Is there anything I should do in the meantime while getting PPST and reading it?

Quote Originally Posted by gto3222 View Post
    Point taken. Is there anything I should do in the meantime while getting PPST and reading it?
    Make 10 pound jumps in the DL and check your squats for proper depth.