starting strength gym

Thread: novice to intermediate question

Default novice to intermediate question

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello, I am kind of new here. I started my NLP back in August, but as someone who has been lifting weights consistently for the least 2.5 years, so I was not starting from square one. I used to always push myself on bench and overhead press, but not so much on the squat and deadlift as most people my age seem to do ( I am a college student). I seem to have stalled pretty hard on my bench and press, doing my one set of 5 then backing off for my last two sets after a few sessions of missing reps. I was just missing the last rep on my third set, and would do that weight again my next training session, but recently I started to miss reps on my second set too. After this happened I started doing back off sets (maybe I should have reset my weight 10% and worked up again, I don't know). My squat and deadlift are cruising right along which makes me think I am still eating enough food (I have been gaining weight for the past 8 weeks, and have put on ~15 pounds so far). My question is should I be looking to tweak my bench and ohp programming, reset the weight, or move to triples, or even just entirely move to an intermediate program? I am about 5' 11" and 165 pounds, 21 years old (I'm know I'm skinny, I'm working on it) squatting 270 3x5. Dl 355 x5, Bench 200x5, ohp 135x5.

You are not an intermediate lifter, as you will discover as you gain weight.