starting strength gym

Thread: Cant recover from 3x5 Squats

Default Cant recover from 3x5 Squats

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello,

for the past 2 Weeks I`m experiencing extrem Fatigue from my 3x5 Squats. I dont know if its DOMS, its not the typical soreness you get from a lot of excentric work, but a deep aching, feeling. My Quads, Calves, Knees get extremly stiff, and my Legs in general just feel yery week, and that lasts up to 5 days or so, wich prevents me from Squatting 3x a week. I dont get that exhaustion from Deadlifts or any other excercise but Squats. I increaed my calories a lot since my beginning in March, but i guess i have to increase calories even more. Sleep is around 8-10 hrs a day. Now, in Practical Programming i read that if someone at some point can only do 1 Set of a 5 PR, and the strength drops off, he can do just 1 Set of 5 and the do 2 sets with around 90% of that weight. Would you recommend that to someone like me ? I can do 3x5 with the same heavy weight, but it seems i just cant recover from it at the moment, so i thought maybe that would help, until maybe the increased calories help me recover better and i can go back to normal 3x5.

I`m 5`9
    200 lbs
    Squat 315 3x5
    Deadlift 370x5
    Press 135 3x5

Thanks for your time

Diet? Sleep? Age?

Age is 28
    Sleep 8—10 Hours a day
    Diet : i dont count calories, but always around 3 Big Meals + 1/2 Snacks. Mostly Rice, Potatoes, Pasta,Meats, Fish, Vegetables\Fruits

If you're not getting recovered on 8-10 hours at the age of 28, your diet is the problem. And of course: The First Three Questions | Mark Rippetoe

Have you tried adding in the light squat day in the middle?

Mille Grazie Rip

Yes,but for the past 2 Weeks, i wasnt even able to do the light day beacuase i was still so fatigued from the workout before. Squatted heavy on Monday, skipped Light day on Wednesday, and on Friday, i was still fatigued/stiff/aching from Monday, and felt continuningly weak.

starting strength coach development program
    What offset are you using?