starting strength gym

Thread: Bigger leaner stronger

Default Bigger leaner stronger

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I followed Mike Matthew's BLS program for 2 years with great results.

Weight = 155lbs -- 245lbs
    Squat 80kgx6 ---> 187.5kgx6
    Incline Bench 70kgx6 ---> 125kgx6
    Weighted Chins 5kgx6 ---> 65kgx6
    OHP 50kgx6 ---> 90kgx6
    Barbell Curls 20kg ---> 62.5kgx8

Then I cut for 8 months and got down to 170lbs with a 29" waist and minimal strength loss. I'm 5'10".

What program would you suggest I go on if my goals are aesthetics?

I'm happy with the amount of muscle I've put on but now I want to start bulking again to get even bigger.

I'll probably only drink half GOMAD this time as rate of muscle gainzzz are slowing to a halt.

You seem to have lost your way if you think Starting Strength offers aesthetics programs. That being said, get the blue book and do a full novice linear progression, you will get bigger and stronger.

After doing the nlp Andy baker has some power building programs you could always try out. There’s also the split routines in ppst that look easy to plug in some bro work to. Lastly, the Texas method with enough eating will make you huge, if that’s what you’re looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Lion Heart View Post
    I followed Mike Matthew's BLS program for 2 years with great results.

Weight = 155lbs -- 245lbs
    Squat 80kgx6 ---> 187.5kgx6
    Incline Bench 70kgx6 ---> 125kgx6
    Weighted Chins 5kgx6 ---> 65kgx6
    OHP 50kgx6 ---> 90kgx6
    Barbell Curls 20kg ---> 62.5kgx8

Then I cut for 8 months and got down to 170lbs with a 29" waist and minimal strength loss. I'm 5'10".

What program would you suggest I go on if my goals are aesthetics?

I'm happy with the amount of muscle I've put on but now I want to start bulking again to get even bigger.

I'll probably only drink half GOMAD this time as rate of muscle gainzzz are slowing to a halt.
    I think you should eat 4500-5000 calories and novice linearly progress on starting strength for as long as possible, gain 20-30lbs.

You might look at some of Andy Baker's programs. He obviously is familiar with the SS model and developing programs to leverage it, but also seems to have some experience with physique work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden-William Courtland View Post
    You seem to have lost your way if you think Starting Strength offers aesthetics programs. That being said, get the blue book and do a full novice linear progression, you will get bigger and stronger.
    With my numbers? Is it realistic to expect novice gains when I've been training for years and have a 90kg press?

I don't mean to be critical, but you've post over 900 times and yet you appear to have no understanding of Starting Strength.

With my numbers? Is it realistic to expect novice gains when I've been training for years and have a 90kg press?
    I think you have a point here... maybe gaining weight would help push your lifts up with a LP-like training, but you have a point...

Anyhow, since Andy Baker got brought up, you may find these articles interesting: Should You Squat/Bench/Deadlift If Hypertrophy Is the Goal? (maybe not) - Andy Baker The Evolution of The Training Split for Hypertrophy - Andy Baker

starting strength coach development program
    Yes, many people who have never done the NLP as written in the blue book will see gains once they do it, even if they have been training for years. Also, even those who have done it and have a layoff can often get some gains by starting up with a NLP before jumping back in to more advanced programming.