starting strength gym

Thread: NLP For Non-Novice

Default NLP For Non-Novice

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi Mr. Rippetoe, I am 18 and 6ft tall at about 155 pounds. I have done some training for a couple years but am still very weak. I have been doing max efforts, and i didn’t learn about Starting Strength until now. My max squat is around 225 pounds and deadlift 335 pounds. Will NLP work and what weights should I start at if it will?

Quote Originally Posted by coleblooded24 View Post
    6ft tall at about 155 pounds.
    Why dear Lord... I start to get why Rip can seem rude sometimes...

You’re still a novice cole. Don’t waste any more of your time, buy the book and do everything it says as written. I wasted so many years fucking around and not just doing what they say, don’t make the same mistake.

OP you are the perfect candidate for NLP and GOMAD

Get to work

Quote Originally Posted by coleblooded24 View Post
    Hi Mr. Rippetoe, I am 18 and 6ft tall at about 155 pounds. I have done some training for a couple years but am still very weak. I have been doing max efforts, and i didn’t learn about Starting Strength until now. My max squat is around 225 pounds and deadlift 335 pounds. Will NLP work and what weights should I start at if it will?
    Yes, the NLP will help you, and I think you should get to 200lbs bodyweight as soon as possible, eventually much more.

With that height and weight, is this another troll?

Quote Originally Posted by JJ23 View Post
    With that height and weight, is this another troll?
    I suspect any dude with less than 180 body weight needs to be considered a troll unless they prove otherwise. I mean, Americans might be smaller people than the rest of the world, but here in Europe I have yet to see a guy older than 16 weigh less than 180, unless he's doing a bunch of coke. And I really mean a bunch of coke, like ten grams per week.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I suspect any dude with less than 180 body weight needs to be considered a troll unless they prove otherwise. I mean, Americans might be smaller people than the rest of the world, but here in Europe I have yet to see a guy older than 16 weigh less than 180, unless he's doing a bunch of coke. And I really mean a bunch of coke, like ten grams per week.
    Ouch.
    Skinny kids exist, you know. I was 145lbs, dripping wet, at 6'1" before I started training (well, exercising) at that age. I was never trying to be skinny, quite the opposite.

But I don't mean to imply I believe this is no troll. Either troll or didn't read before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    You need to meet more Europeans...

starting strength coach development program
    I think you should buy the blue book so you can lock down your form properly. NLP will definitely work for you. Start your NLP at weights you can perfectly execute the form outlined in the blue book. Erring on the low side is better since you can make it up quickly. I think this point is also in the blue book (but maybe the gray).