starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barbell prescription- 39 years

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Thank you all for your replies, much appreciated! This spring at approx. 89 kg 182 cm I had the following numbers

SQ 120 kg 3x3
    DL 150 kg 1x3
    Press 57 kg 3x3
    Bench 90 kg 3x3
    Chins 10,8,6
    PC 60 5x3

It was a draaaaaaag the last week before I got fed up. I just got the Barbell prescription and with a skim through I think my problem concerns the transition to other programming in order to keep at it. The NLP is straight forward, but after that I’m not sure where to go (since I dont want to be in the draaaaaag after NLP). Huge numbers on the lifts are not important, I just want to keep at it and get a bit stronger over time.

Think I’ll get some coaching on the programming once Im back up this time.

Once again thank you all for the support, and thank you Mark for providing all of this for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturw View Post
    Thank you all for your replies, much appreciated! This spring at approx. 89 kg 182 cm I had the following numbers

SQ 120 kg 3x3
    DL 150 kg 1x3
    Press 57 kg 3x3
    Bench 90 kg 3x3
    Chins 10,8,6
    PC 60 5x3

It was a draaaaaaag the last week before I got fed up. I just got the Barbell prescription and with a skim through I think my problem concerns the transition to other programming in order to keep at it. The NLP is straight forward, but after that I’m not sure where to go (since I dont want to be in the draaaaaag after NLP). Huge numbers on the lifts are not important, I just want to keep at it and get a bit stronger over time.

Think I’ll get some coaching on the programming once Im back up this time.

Once again thank you all for the support, and thank you Mark for providing all of this for us.
    I think you are underweight by 20-40 lbs, and this is the source of your problem.

The First Three Questions

I agree with Sebastian. At 182 centimetres, you could easily sustain a bodyweight of between 100-115 kilograms. Can I ask Sturw, what did the last week of your training look like?

I don’t see what the problem is? Those numbers seem fine for the end of your LP at your age and recovery. Why don’t you take the advice of the woman who responded and is the only person you didn’t respond to, and just switch to a four day split. Much easier to recover from and you’ll progress fine there as an intermediate.

starting strength coach development program
    I do belive I thanked her.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12