starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heavy Light Medium Bench Stall - 17, Male

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I just got the 3rd edition today. The Texas Method section is a lot more in-depth than in the 2nd edition. Would you recommend running it out for the bench using every rep range down from 5 or just doing sets of 5, 3, then 1? Do you have any other advice for the process of running the Texas Method out for the first time for the bench? When would I consider adding back off sets instead of decreasing the number of reps in the intensity day sets?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Morrison View Post
    I just got the 3rd edition today. The Texas Method section is a lot more in-depth than in the 2nd edition. Would you recommend running it out for the bench using every rep range down from 5 or just doing sets of 5, 3, then 1? Do you have any other advice for the process of running the Texas Method out for the first time for the bench? When would I consider adding back off sets instead of decreasing the number of reps in the intensity day sets?
    Don't overthink it. Just run it out as written, and see what happens. Take notes.

I like 5,3,2,1 with the understanding that 2s will probably only last two or three weeks.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12