starting strength gym

Thread: When to switch to haltings/rack pulls?

Default When to switch to haltings/rack pulls?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    If progress can still be made on a 10-14 day cycle of pulling a single set of deadlifts, is there reason to incorporate haltings + rack pulls?

Generally speaking, for all the lifts, if progress is being made, no need to change/complicate the programming at that time. That being said you do want to keep an eye out for when things might be close to needing a change and make that change before failing reps/running yourself into the ground.

Thanks for the reply. On the last podcast Rip and Chase were both talking about how much success they've had with the haltings/rack pulls, which made me pose the question. I think things are close. I'd like to pull 600x5, but I got another 40 lbs to go. That being said, as long as I'm eating and my squat is progressing I usually hit all 5 reps on the deadlift. On occasion I'll miss a set. Sometimes I'll only get a single rep, but then I'll get all 5 the next time. I've done 575 x 5 before gyms closed, so hoping 600x5 is doable without any programming changes.