starting strength gym

Thread: Texas Method for just one movement?

Default Texas Method for just one movement?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Am I ok to apply intermediate programming to a single movement while pushing 48hour jumps on my other lifts until they stall too?
    Bought PPFST and started reading it but I need an answer now.
    Here's the context:

Returned to a novice linear progression 2 months ago after a long layoff. Made a strong effort to actually eat enough and do the program without fucking with it. I only omitted power cleans because I hate catching them and don't have bumper plates. Packed myself full (as I could) at every meal and incorporated a gallon of whole milk a day. Squat went from 240 for sets across to stalling at 325 for sets across. I gained 25 pounds of body weight during this time. I stalled last week at 327.5 pounds, I couldn't even get out of the hole on the first rep. Am I ready to switch to intermediate programming? Here's my stats over two months:

202lb bodyweight - from 175
    325 squat (stalled) - from 240
    145 press - from 110
    290 deads - from 250
    200 bench - from 170

Squat is the only one stalling so far, and it followed a terrible week for nutrition and sleep. Guidance is much appreciated. The switch to intermediate is daunting and I don't want to flounder around and lose any gains. Thank you.

If you need an answer now, you could always read this board instead of typing on it, since this question has been asked several hundred times over the last 14 years.

Lifts needing to go intermediate individually is not only possible, it's expected.

How did you only put 40 pounds on your deadlift, but 85 pounds on your squat in this time?