starting strength gym

Thread: Programming Tips for Post-Lapiplasty Surgery

Default Programming Tips for Post-Lapiplasty Surgery

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Dear SS coaches,

BW 265
    Lifts 260 press, 330 bench (just started back on this after lengthy shoulder issues kept me away), 530 DL, 500 SQ

In the near future I plan to get the lapiplasty procedure done on both feet (one at a time). Obviously this makes squatting and deadlifting problematic. If you aren't familiar with the procedure, a quick Google or youtube will tell you more. I wish I could say the surgery could be avoided, but without going into the details, this needs to be done.

During the time of recovery, I plan to seated overhead press and bench press as much as I can. Basically just doing arm shit. That's not what I'm here about.

What I'm here about is what I can do to actively drive myself back to baseline with this thing. I have a leg press here in my garage, which I had planned to do my initial recovery leg work on. Getting equipment isn't really an issue, outside of super expensive machines. My questions are

1. What exercises should/could I do to help my foot recover to where I can squat?
    2. How soon would you guys do them if it were your foot?
    3. How hard would you push on this? (I know, vague question)
    4. Any other tips you could send my way?

Thanks

Depends, as always, upon the precise details of the surgery. Get it done, then tell us about it.