starting strength gym

Thread: The origin of the popular exercise methods

Default The origin of the popular exercise methods

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    So I just discovered the origin of many popular exercise methods in, of all places, my 20 month-old son's Dr. Seuss book titled "Oh, the Thinks You Can Think!"

PXL_20210213_173217624.jpg

Who knew that Mike Boyle has taken Dr. Seuss so closely to heart?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Who knew that Mike Boyle has taken Dr. Seuss so closely to heart?
    Love this Boyle reference, I get that joke Rip, laughed hard. Up here where Boyle has influence is the epicenter of the high school/ college hockey industrial complex. Walk into any gym here and you will see the hickey players doing hat stuff. With one leg, because it apparently replicates ice skating.

I hate to bash him, forgive me. But I once had a conversation with an ex sci type who studied under him and I got scared for these athletes. I came away with this summary: one legged balance (static and isolated) is far more effective than compound movements. I nodded politely and decided to not waste my breath.

I feel better now, thanks for letting me vent.

Tommy,

We deal with that nonsense here in CT as well. I suppose it's okay since all the highschool & college hockey teams around here seem to agree with one another that their players don't need to be strong.

Personally, I'm just glad I've reached a point in my coaching career where I don't need to waste my time coaching high school kids anymore. Not having to talk to parents or idiot sports coaches saves me a whole lot of aggravation.