starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: But Won't Deads Catch Up to Squats Following the Program?!

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I think in your case it's a combination of body proportions and deadlift technique that needs fixing. Your squat definitely isn't high, which is the number 1 culprit of squats pushing ahead of deadlifts. As has been said, you're essentially doing a stiff legged deadlift right now, which is holding back what you can lift. You're also probably closing in on the point where you're going to need to switch to intermediate programming in some lifts, and when that happens the disparity will probably stop shrinking.

Quote Originally Posted by zft View Post
    Either the program is well-defined or it's up to the individual and the text just illustrates an example. You don't get both.
    Sure you do. See the books. Agency is a big problem for a lot of people. But the thousands and thousands of trainees that haven’t had issue with this aren’t afflicted with such a deficiency of character.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    You do not make modifications after arbitrary periods of time; modifications are made as necessary. There is no, "do X for Y number of workouts, then change to Z, etc." You won't find it in SSBBT3 or PPST3. Incidentally, you should acquire Practical Programming.
    Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    Chandler, the main things to rule out is that you're not screwing up and squatting high or pussing out on your deadlifts and skipping them. Satch's explanation is exactly right.
    Thank you Satch12879, and thank you stef. I had interpreted the book incorrectly, BUT not until I'd done over two months of squatting and deadlifting every day. I think I have to admit I might have read what I wanted to - my DLs were starting to feel real heavy. I repent in sackcloth and ashes.

Also, I had no idea I was approaching the need for intermediate programming on ANY of my lifts - I will get PP immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikola Blagojevic View Post
    Mr. Blagojevic, this was a helpful article, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    I think in your case it's a combination of body proportions and deadlift technique that needs fixing. Your squat definitely isn't high, which is the number 1 culprit of squats pushing ahead of deadlifts. As has been said, you're essentially doing a stiff legged deadlift right now, which is holding back what you can lift. You're also probably closing in on the point where you're going to need to switch to intermediate programming in some lifts, and when that happens the disparity will probably stop shrinking.
    CommanderFun, thanks for the consistent, helpful input.

I just posted my most recent deadlift workset here - at least some of the errors fixed: Deadlift Form Check
    Hopefully it will be cleared and visible by the time anyone looks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12