starting strength gym

Thread: I'm going to compete in crossfit, can I keep my current numbers?

Default I'm going to compete in crossfit, can I keep my current numbers?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I train at a crossfit gym and decided to compete in one of their games coming up mid October because that's the only type of competition in my area. I will dedicate myself to practicing crossfit until the games and then once that's done I will go back to the SS model. I'm currently advanced novice, not intermediate just yet. I'm aware that I will lose strength during the next two months but I was wondering if I could perhaps keep one day, maybe a Friday, to run an SS program with the numbers I currently put on the bar to keep muscle synthesis and then rest two days, or if I should just forget that and start my LP fresh once I go back to training SS? I was thinking of maybe just doing squats and press 3x5 or maybe just 1x5. I will train Monday thru Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by sirlinx View Post
    I train at a crossfit gym and decided to compete in one of their games coming up mid October because that's the only type of competition in my area. I will dedicate myself to practicing crossfit until the games and then once that's done I will go back to the SS model. I'm currently advanced novice, not intermediate just yet. I'm aware that I will lose strength during the next two months but I was wondering if I could perhaps keep one day, maybe a Friday, to run an SS program with the numbers I currently put on the bar to keep muscle synthesis and then rest two days, or if I should just forget that and start my LP fresh once I go back to training SS? I was thinking of maybe just doing squats and press 3x5 or maybe just 1x5. I will train Monday thru Friday.
    Since you are still a novice, you can progress in strength and still be able to do well in crossfit. It is all in the details.

Thanks for the feedback brother!