starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TM: Dropping the volume day % but sticking with the same intensity day rep scheme?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Well first of all thanks for clearing up the confusion related to your presentation. As far as my situation goes, I never really had any insistence on staying skinny. It's just that "power-shoveling food like it's my full-time job" is unfortunately going to have to wait until I get an actual full-time job.

Throughout my (unfortunately 1+ year long, because of the various multi-month long retarded lockdowns) linear progression I'd gained around 25 lbs and I never really had any sticking points, I never got stuck per se, until the (apparently unwarranted) end where I failed 150kg x 3, after which I realized that adding 5 lbs twice per week was going to be unsustainable (at the undesirable rate at which I was gaining weight at least). So I moved onto TM without much thought.

Seems that I'm going to have to rethink my situation. Nevertheless, thanks for the advice.

Allow me to change my status from "innocent bystander" for a moment and through my 2 cents in.

Listen to what Rip and Paul are telling you. At 19 you probably don't appreciate the opportunity that you have - I didn't when I was 19. If you really try to you can figure out how to eat more. The work isn't only eating more it's figuring out how to be able to eat more. I remember reading stories about Rip and his friends raiding buffets. You can figure out a way if you get creative.

You want to get a strong as you can right now so that you'll be stronger when you are old and your body tries to turn what you eat into fat and ear hair instead of bone and muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Horn View Post
    At 19, you're a god-damned magical unicorn of muscle-building potential shooting rainbows of testosterone from your majestic horn. Don't fuck this up. Most of the guys on this board would donate a vital organ to be back in your shoes with the knowledge they have now about how all this shit works. So many of us wasted the opportunity you have before you. You can be different. You can do it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Horn View Post
    Choose wisely, young unicorn. Show us how it's done. We may all come off as condescending assholes with the empathy of a convicted serial killer, but we're actually all rooting for you!

Now go eat.
    Hahah, good to see you back on here and quite the grand re-entrance!

Quote Originally Posted by bjvinson View Post
    Listen to what Rip and Paul are telling you. At 19 you probably don't appreciate the opportunity that you have - I didn't when I was 19. If you really try to you can figure out how to eat more. The work isn't only eating more it's figuring out how to be able to eat more. I remember reading stories about Rip and his friends raiding buffets. You can figure out a way if you get creative.

You want to get a strong as you can right now so that you'll be stronger when you are old and your body tries to turn what you eat into fat and ear hair instead of bone and muscle.
    All great advice.

bool3max: Got Milk? Seriously, if it isn't part of your diet already.. A good, cheap and fairly well (nutritionally) balanced place to start to get about 1000 extra calories & 60g Protein per day would be 1/2 gallon of 2% Milk on top of what you eat now. I don't think lactose intolerance would usually be an issue at your age, but try a few glasses over the weekend if you're worried about it.

As above, you sound like a good candidate for GOMAD. It's cheap, good macros and hell of a lot easier than eating steak.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben. View Post
    As above, you sound like a good candidate for GOMAD. It's cheap, good macros and hell of a lot easier than eating steak.
    4.5 litres of milk a day at close to 80kg and 5'8? Yeah fuck off lol.

Don't tell people who are trying to help you to Fuck Off. That's a very bad habit to acquire.

I apologize for the adverse reaction. The intentions may have been good, but the person suggesting GOMAD to me mentioned on the forums that he's just shy of 300lbs bodyweight, constipated, fat and sedentary. Interpret that as you will.

You have stumbled into the wrong website. I'm sure there's a site and forum dedicated to weak little children maintaining their six pack abs. People here are trying to get stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ23 View Post
    You have stumbled into the wrong website. I'm sure there's a site and forum dedicated to weak little children maintaining their six pack abs. People here are trying to get stronger.
    No, I am pretty sure that I am on the right website.

starting strength coach development program
    Look, people are patiently trying to explain to you that you are overcomplicating your programming instead of getting strong, but you just do not want to listen. So just do whatever you want to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12