• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    38 6’0” 215
    Squat 410 1x5
    Dead 385 1x6
    Press 170 3x5
    Bench 275 3x5

I’ve been doing the NLP like a champ since 09-20. Read all 3 books and attended a seminar in April. Improving every week. However, somehow my squat overcame my dead lift. I was adding weight every week to all my lifts and doing deads once a week and adding the weight. Deads were my strong suit. Now they're lacking. I read to try rack pulls plus halting pulls. The rack pulls are good but the halts struggle. I started at 405 then the next time needed to strip to 385 for 5.

My other concern is the squat. I’ve read and listened that this is the point where we meet the fork in the road. To keep going or “reset”. I get the fluff comment with relation to the recent podcast but I’m keeping the faith that it’ll work out. However, I can get the 1x5 for the work set on the new weight but it is a struggle. I re read and started doing one set on the new weight and the 2 sets backed off from that at 5%.

Thoughts to right wrong or in different??

I'm not seeing power cleans here, which can usually help most people with their deadlifts, but your weight is already pretty up there so I'm unsure if that would actually help out. If I remember correctly, racks and halts are assistance movements there to help out sticking points like actual lockout, and not just replace it.

Also I'd say re-read PP about what makes a novice different from an intermediate. A novice should be improving every workout day, "improving every week" sounds more like Texas Method.