starting strength gym

Thread: Could I get a bit more out of LP?

Default Could I get a bit more out of LP?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello i switched to TM recently but am wondering if that was a mistake.

On my way up I had to reset my squat once and stalled and re-attempted weights with greater frequency as the weight went up. I went in to squat 380 feeing pretty fatigued, probably from deadlifting 415 2 days before.

Only got 2 reps of 380 and after a pretty terrible training session thought I must have exhausted my lp. My stalls went from once every ten kilos to once every seven, then five before the 380 stall so interpreted that as program being over.

I was already doing all the tricks mentioned in the book to extend progress and had already begun compressed tm for upper body.

Mainly I just wonder if I should have tried another deload or if that would be a waste of time?

Final lifts
    Squat 375 x5 (plus 2 back off sets)
    Bench 227 333321 (get 15 reps total goal)
    Press 155 1111111 (compressed tm)
    Deadlift 415 x5

Bw went from 175 to 220lbs
    Height 5,11

You say you stalled your squat once, but then say you stalled every 10kg, to every 7, then to 5. So how many times did you actually stall and reset?

I think I did a reset once at 150kg, then I stalled at 160, 167.5 and 172.5. 160 and 167.5 I just reattempted and got them next workout. 172.5 was different. I just felt absolutely destroyed. I think I was pretty fatigued coming in from deadlifting 187.5 two days prior. In fact my chin up set that day was down four reps.
    I just took this as a sign that it was time to move on. I was doing the version of SS right at the end of advanced novice with two days between workouts. So the overall rate of progression is very similar to the Texas method. Six day cycle instead of seven.

Are you going up 5 kg a work out on squat?

Yeah, sounds like the end of the NLP. As long as the eating enough/sleeping enough was accounted for.

starting strength coach development program
    It sounds like you're at the end of LP, but just for good measure, how long are you resting between sets?
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com