starting strength gym

Thread: Help about programming

Default Help about programming

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I am 17 year old male and i am training for 4 months(bb splits with not so much compound ex. focus) and my current lifts are 165 lbs bench,225 squat ,265 lbs deadlift. I am 6'1" and 185 lbs. I want to increase bench to 225,315 squat,405 deadlift as soon as possible. I want to know what would be good program for me. Would be SS be best oprtion for me or some other strenght program.

Quote Originally Posted by Bajcha View Post
    I want to know what would be good program for me. Would be SS be best oprtion for me or some other strenght program.
    Yes, Starting Strength would be a good program for you. Reading the book is the first step:

Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training, 3rd edition (Current Revision, Paperback) – The Aasgaard Company

Starting Strength is not really a program. The book has a specific set of exercises in it, but the book is a detailed study of the physics and physiology of getting stronger. If I had read it when I was your age my life could have been so much better.

I would say "Read the book, then read it again, then do the program" but I highly doubt you have the patience and commitment to do so, otherwise you would have already done that vs making this post.

This is the exact program you want to be doing.