starting strength gym

Thread: under recovered vs under stressed.

Default under recovered vs under stressed.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I read some place and can’t find it again. Looking for clear definition of the difference between under recovered and under stressed. Can anyone make a statement on that? Thank you.

You are under stressed if you are not applying a stress sufficient to disrupt homeostasis and cause an adaptation.

You are under recovered if you are failing to recover and adapt to the stress applied within a time frame dictated by your programming. This can be due to a number of causes, including under eating, under sleeping, poor programming, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by therussianrocket View Post
    I read some place and can’t find it again. Looking for clear definition of the difference between under recovered and under stressed. Can anyone make a statement on that? Thank you.
    Under-stressed means that there was not sufficient new or progressive stress to cause an adaptation. Read: the weight didn't go up

Under-recovered means that there was not a sufficient environment to recover from a stress. Read: trained too much, did not sleep enough, did not sleep well enough, did not eat enough, and/or did not eat well enough (high protein, moderate-high carb, sufficient fat, and not all Goopy junk food).

Maybe I did not say it right. what are clear symptoms for both? thanks

You miss reps.

Quote Originally Posted by therussianrocket View Post
    Maybe I did not say it right. what are clear symptoms for both? thanks
    For the purposes of a strength training program, symptoms of under-stressed is the weight is not going up, symptoms of under-recovered is you feel like shit, and additionally the weight is not going up.

starting strength coach development program
    the best answer. thanks for taking the time
    For the purposes of a strength training program, symptoms of under-stressed is the weight is not going up, symptoms of under-recovered is you feel like shit, and additionally the weight is not going up.