• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    34 y/o male
    6' 234lbs, 20+% Bodyfat

Squat 292 (1x4), 265 (2x5)
    Bench 223.5 (1x5), 201.5 (2x5)
    Press 149 (1x4), 133 (2x5)
    Deadlift 315 (1x5), 285 (1x5)
    PC 111 (3x3, I have always had a problem doing PCs but I messed around with them yesterday).

I have been messing around with lifting and programming and I have been doing a program described in the Special Population program for older folks in PPBT3 (top set 3-5 reps, back off 10% 2x5 or 1x5 for deadlift). I had been jogging a little and I did this program to accommodate interference with recovery caused by doing cardio. Anyways, I'd like to start back on the Starting Strength program but I won't be jogging, but because of the weight that I'm using, I don't know what weight to start with, especially with squatting 3 times a week. Based on my numbers above, what weights should I start with? Should I squat heavy 3 times a week, or should I begin with a light squat day?

If these are recent numbers then you should be fine to just reset all your weights down by about 10-20% and build back up again with the standard NLP. You'll have time to monitor your recovery and add light days, etc. when the time comes.