Andy, on another forum, a poster recommended your podcast, and I just listened to the first episode. Pete T is my coach (thank god for Pete), and he's having to suffer through helping me progress on my lifts. I'll never be "strong" by SS's standards, but that's okay bc I'm a ton stronger than I used to be, as a recovering distance/endurance athlete.

I am especially looking forward to the 3 part series on athlete training and hoping that you will have some info on endurance specific training there, as one day I know I'll want to give the 1/2 Ironman one last good try.

One last comment...I pointed out to Pete just last week that I was letting perfect be the enemy of very good, as it relates to my deadlift specifically. Only very recently, I have been bailing out of a set/rep because I can feel the bar move AWAY from my shin and the whole 'balance of power' occurs mid-rep. I also know that there's a higher possibility of a back injury (have a history of back issues), so I am allowing myself to quit the lift. I will always have to work on that, as my approach has been to 'survive to lift another/the next day", but just wanted to point out that this comment (among many others that you and your co-host made) resonated with me. It is funny that my squat form has been so shitty, even though Pete has, repeatedly, told me what to do. Only this past weekend was I able to see him in person so he could slap me around a bit and correct some mistakes. Those errors were bleeding over to lowback discomfort, which was effecting my DL, etc.

Sorry for rambling. TL, DR...thanks for the podcast. Looking forward to listening to all episodes.