starting strength gym

Thread: PC alternative for novices / higher deadlift frequency

Default PC alternative for novices / higher deadlift frequency

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    The book says a novice should do deadlifts every single workout for a short period of time before the weight goes up a good amount and switch to alternating between DL and PC.

I learned how to deadlift under a coach's supervision but never did power cleans. I don't want to risk doing them wrong by learning it on my own since it's a much more sophisticated movement.

I do want to train deadlifts every single workout. I think it's good for keeping my form and I enjoy the movement too.

Is there a version of the novice programming that doesn't involve PCs but more DLs? Maybe a light DL day?

Why do you think you are unable to teach yourself the PC? Alternatively, why not return to your coach (who is???), and ask him to teach you?

You can figure out how to clean on your own. Post videos in the technique forum when you have problems, and we'll help you.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

SSC Paul Horn recommends on the TM to do Monday 3x5 (85% of Intensity Day Deadlift), Wednesday 3xAMRAP Chins, Friday 1x5 (1x3>1x2>1x1). This is for Intermediate programming though. Video. Try learning the PC yourself until RIP tells you to get a coach.