starting strength gym

Thread: Asynchronous Programming For Novice

Question Asynchronous Programming For Novice

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello,
    I am a novice lifter in a unique situation. I am a whitewater guide on a river in the Southeast US, and the only gym near me is my outdoor setup here. There are no local gyms. It rains about two or three times a week.
    I am approaching the end of the novice LP, gaining 10lbs a week on squat. Monday and Friday pr-ing, with Wednesday squatting light (example days) I deadlift on the light squat day. At this point, my training is no longer day to day, but starting to take a weekly arc.
    Now that the rains have come, training has been kind of haphazard, missing days frequently, shifting my schedule to tues, thurs, sun, etc. Sometimes getting 3-4 days off on the programmed 2-day rest. Recovery is not an issue.
    These weird blocks of time stall my progress and I am wondering how to manage this.

(current lifts if ya need em)

340x5 sq
    425x5 dead
    160x5 ohp
    240x5 bench

Quote Originally Posted by ANightInTunisia View Post
    Hello,
    I am a novice lifter in a unique situation. I am a whitewater guide on a river in the Southeast US, and the only gym near me is my outdoor setup here. There are no local gyms. It rains about two or three times a week.
    I am approaching the end of the novice LP, gaining 10lbs a week on squat. Monday and Friday pr-ing, with Wednesday squatting light (example days) I deadlift on the light squat day. At this point, my training is no longer day to day, but starting to take a weekly arc.
    Now that the rains have come, training has been kind of haphazard, missing days frequently, shifting my schedule to tues, thurs, sun, etc. Sometimes getting 3-4 days off on the programmed 2-day rest. Recovery is not an issue.
    These weird blocks of time stall my progress and I am wondering how to manage this.

(current lifts if ya need em)

340x5 sq
    425x5 dead
    160x5 ohp
    240x5 bench
    Have you tried covering the workout area with a canopy/awning so you can workout at least during light rains?

It sounds like you need a new gym set up - one with coverage. Can you build coverage?
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com