Since shrugs came up on the last SS Radio episode, I'd like to ask the following questions:

-If I remember it correctly, the old videos on the halting/rack pull/shrug program mention one heavy day a week alternating haltings and rack pulls and the other day alternating power cleans or power snatches and shrugs, is that right?

-If so, is there a preferred way of sequencing the lifts? Like week 1 do haltings and cleans, week 2 do rack pulls and shrugs, or the opposite...?

-The choice between power cleans and power snatches is due to personal preference/limb length to train them productively? Is there a way to productively train both fast lifts using this program?

-I don't recall the videos saying that explicitly, but I imagine this program is intended for a 4-day split, does anyone have experience doing them on a Texas method-like split?

On a more personal note, my PRs are as follow, at a bodyweight around 198 lb.
-deadlift: 450x5, 512x1
-block pull (no decent power rack): 475x5
-halting deadlift: 425x8
-shrug: something around 485x5 (haven't done these in a while)
-power clean (with cast iron plates): 202x3x5

Whenever I try to incorporate shrugs in my rotation, as I ramp the weight up it gets to a point that get so wrecked by them (soreness and overall fatigue, no injuries) that I fuck up all the rest of my training, and never got to see much benefit of doing them except being accused of taking steroids from serious trap growth. I tried doing them both in a Texas-method set-up and in a 4-day split, I eat about 230g of protein a day and get plenty of sleep. Aside from "get your bodyweight to 220" (which I'll eventually do), anyone has anything to say about that?