starting strength gym

Thread: Warm up

Default Warm up

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Probably a variant of fuckarounditis but what do you think of this warmup scheme.

Coffee and a caffeine tab. Watch rip on youtube. 30 mins later...
    5 mins on the rower. Starts at "I hate the rower, ends as mmmm not so bad"
    Get the kneesleeves on, Get the powerlifting shoes on.
    A few body weight squats. The tin man moves.
    Empty bar x 5 definitely below parlallel, every rep takes an age.
    60k x 5
    100k x3
    120 x 1
    110x 5 5 5

So is that heavy single stupid or is it a cute psychological gimmick that actually works?

Q2. I have a SSB. Is it worth alternating this with the normal bar? again, may seem like needless fuckarounditis but I think it may have this benefit - saves my elbows. I dunno, might be an old shoulder niggle that is causing this but I get a sore left elbow and once it starts it stays. It seems to come from frequent squatting and 3 tiems a week is frequent enough. Holdng back the frequency (using SSB to unload the elbow) stops it happening. So do i get a white light to fuckaround on this aspect? Or should I suck up the pain which is not impossible, its not deadly.

The heavy single in front of the work sets just dis-inhibits the perception of the weight of the first set of 5. Fine with me, but it would be better to just grow some balls and do the set of 5. If you want to high-bar squat as a light day, go ahead. No point in wasting the money. But it might better to sort out the grip problem that is causing the elbow.

Thanks. The balls are growng, at 56, not as fast as I would like . But fuck negativity this stuff is life changing. Worst thing is only 3 days per week. I want to train daily. But at least ghe dog is getting walked. Going to do the programme to the bitter end, this is self respect.