starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: going the extra rep

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    This is an opportunity to establish a wholly mental discipline. You will need it to run deep later.

First shalt thou take out the Holy Bar, then shalt thou count to five reps, no more, no less. Five shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be five. Six shalt thou not count, neither count thou four, excepting that thou then proceed to five. Seven is right out. Once the number five, being the fifth number, be reached, then thou rackest the bar.
    Call me whatever you want but that was the most entertaining thing I've read on here that I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by stevein7 View Post
    Loop this in a chyron below Rip's radio-tv broadcasts. If only because Marty Feldman played the trumpet.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    This is an opportunity to establish a wholly mental discipline. You will need it to run deep later.

First shalt thou take out the Holy Bar, then shalt thou count to five reps, no more, no less. Five shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be five. Six shalt thou not count, neither count thou four, excepting that thou then proceed to five. Seven is right out. Once the number five, being the fifth number, be reached, then thou rackest the bar.
    The holy hand grenade amended for Starting Strength! Love it. Genuinely smiled having read this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12