starting strength gym

Thread: Sports and goals in long-term strength training

Default Sports and goals in long-term strength training

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    For a person who does strength training for sports performance purposes other than the goal of wanting to lift the maximum weight (as in the case of powerlifting and weightlifting), what level does it make sense to reach and stay at it as a lifter?

You continue to train for strength until the training interferes with your primary sports practice.

The Two-Factor Model of Sports Performance | Mark Rippetoe

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo View Post
    For a person who does strength training for sports performance purposes other than the goal of wanting to lift the maximum weight (as in the case of powerlifting and weightlifting), what level does it make sense to reach and stay at it as a lifter?
    What sport do you do?

Martial arts. I also practiced track and field (sprinting).

I've already read the entire article and, as I would expect from an authority like yourself, it's great.

However, I have been thoughtful by your response.
    You continue to train for strength until the training interferes with your primary sports practice.
    If strength training got to a point where it interfered with my (individual, not team) sport, I would focus on it from there with the goal of maintaining my strength levels. Correct?
    In that case, what would be the guidelines to follow? In more than one source I have read that to maintain a physical quality, as long as reducing the volume and frequency to a third is enough. For example, instead of training 3 times a week, do only one weekly session. I deduce that the loads should always be the same and not increase them. Or maybe 2 sessions a week without increasing the load to alternate deadlifts and power cleans?

It would be interesting if you write an article or upload a video to the YouTube channel talking about this topic.