starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3 by 5 on cleans?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Stewart 2 View Post
    I bought the book I have now in my hand about 2 to 3 years ago and it’s 3rd Ed. and says inside 3rd revision. Is there a new version then that with more on the clean programming?
    I don't have the third revision, but in my copy, sets x reps for the PC are listed on p. 299, Table 8.1. Five sets of three reps... or 135x3x5 in a training log.

Exactly, those are the only places I have found where there is a specific rep number assigned to the power clean. And since there are just examples I never thought to look there to find the programming for the clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Stewart 2 View Post
    TheChubbyViking seems to have experienced the same confusion about this. I’ll bet out of all the bottom 3% out here I’m not the only idiot that’s confused! 🤣
    Yes I experienced some confusion, although I blame that on my own silliness than any error in the book. I mentally switched around 5 sets of 3 to be 3 sets of 5–whoops. Thankfully Rip pointed it out and I have since ceased.

I have two SS resources, neither of which recommend sets of 5 reps for cleans. The SS App recommends 5 sets of 3 reps. In SS:BBT, the example workout log of “Young Angus McSmart” contains 3 sets of 3 reps.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChubbyViking View Post
    Yes I experienced some confusion, although I blame that on my own silliness than any error in the book. I mentally switched around 5 sets of 3 to be 3 sets of 5–whoops. Thankfully Rip pointed it out and I have since ceased.

I have two SS resources, neither of which recommend sets of 5 reps for cleans. The SS App recommends 5 sets of 3 reps. In SS:BBT, the example workout log of “Young Angus McSmart” contains 3 sets of 3 reps.
    you guys might not be the only ones confused. the older versions of the book it wasn't so clear:

Power Cleans reps x sets ?

But you had to go back 13 years to find that. If you want your money back, let me know.

Is there a plan to publish a fourth revision any time soon? Thank you.

starting strength coach development program
    No. The current version is up to date.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12