Yesterday, I was fortunate enough to sustain a contusion to my right quad. I woke up today to an extremely swollen and tight leg. Walking is difficult but I can do bodyweight squats to full depth, albeit pretty painfully. My plan of action right now is to go into the gym tomorrow and do the usual workout. If my pain is more manageable after my warmups, then I’ll continue with the workout and hope for the best. If my pain worsens, I was thinking one of two things.

1. Replace squats and deadlifts with lighter box squats and rack pulls for the time being. The decreased range of motion and loading would (hopefully) allow myself to push the pain threshold until I’m back to my normal work weight. I would keep my bench and press programming the same, as I don’t think my fucked up leg poses as much of a threat to those lifts.

2. Cut most programming of the big 4 lifts for about a week to focus almost exclusively on my chin-up. I know this may sound absurd. My reasoning is that as I continue my LP, I keep feeling as though my lat strength is limiting my other lifts, particularly my bench and deadlift. As of now I’m still unable to complete a bodyweight chin-up from a dead hang. I also feel that I’ve been accumulating a fair amount of fatigue, as I’ve just started my sophomore year of college and balancing heavy lifting, 5000 calories a day, schoolwork and a social life has proven itself to be quite draining. With all that being said, I was thinking that this injury could be a good opportunity to reduce fatigue and refocus some energy into my weak points while keeping my body moving normally in order to spur recovery of my leg.
So far, I’ve been following the protocol detailed in this article on my rest days during the week, Tuesday and Thursday. Training the Chin-Up | Niki Sims
I was thinking I’d change this to 5 days a week while still incorporating some lighter pulls and squats.

My stats and 3x5 PRs are as follows:
6’3, 19 years old, 220 lbs BW
Squat: 325 lbs
Bench: 185 lbs
Deadlift: 320 lbs
Press: 120 lbs

With all that in mind, is anything I said even remotely a good idea?