starting strength gym

Thread: Starting to Understand

Default Starting to Understand

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I'm new. I'm going through the blue book, but with three young kids (2 in sports) and a full time, salaried job, I'm squeezing in a few pages here and there.

For today's workout I was planning on doing 3x5 85% squats, 1x5 deadlift, and some chins. Well, earlier this week I wasn't happy with my squats. I hit 3 reps and 2 reps at 275. Instead of doing 85%, I really wanted to hit that 5 reps at 275.

I did, even though I almost quit after rep 4. Then I did 1x5 at 285lb on the deadlift, which I am happy with too because after rep 3 it started getting really hard for me. Then it was time for my chins...

I didn't have anything left in the tank. I scratched them, went home, and ate some food before the kids got up.

For someone who is used to doing 5 days a week, 6 exercises per session, 4 sets for 10-12 reps per exercise -- getting drained after 4 working sets is new. But I feel like I actually accomplished something today, and that feels good (even though I skipped the chins).

This is wonderful news, but I don't see a question.

It is a Testimonial.

Ah.