• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    6'3, 19, 230lbs

Squat: 355 x 5 x 3
    Bench: 185 x 5 x 3
    Deadlift: 375 x 5 x 1
    Press: 130 x 5 x 3

Eating 4000-5000 calories a day with at least 250g of protein. Sleeping well, resting 5-7 minutes between sets.
    Running the program with either high bar or pause squats in the middle of the week at 80% of Monday's weight. Power cleans are substituted with 3 sets to failure on banded chin-ups.

My question is specifically about programming for the bench and the press. My progress on squat and deadlift is generally pretty consistent. However, my bench and press progress is starting to slow down. I switched to 2.5lb increments about 2 months ago and made some steady progress. Now, it usually takes me two workouts to complete all the sets and reps for both the bench and the press. I've also always felt that my bench and press are slightly disproportional to my squat, deadlift and bodyweight numbers.

I've heard that as progress slows on the bench and the press, more frequency is necessary to facilitate further progress. Is this true? And if it is, would it be a wise thing to think about when considering future programming?

Rest 10 minutes between sets and see what happens.

I'll give it a shot.

With that being said, do you think my presses are in proportion with my squat and deadlift?
    Should I up the frequency on those movements or just focus on adding weight to the bar with what I'm already doing?

How long have you been training?

For about a year now, but I only started doing the program correctly/not being a pussy for maybe 5-6 months now.

I'd say you're doing pretty well. Eat more.

starting strength coach development program
    Why not Bench and Press every workout?