starting strength gym

Thread: 1 on 2 off intermediate programming

Default 1 on 2 off intermediate programming

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I am at the end of my NLP training 1 day on 2 days off and loving it.
    Wondering if I can continue with this training frequency going into intermediate programming.. texas method etc

Thanks

For a while maybe, but the issue you'll run into is that you won't be able to accrue enough stress once every three days without having like a three-hour workout that you also won't be able to recover from.

And you won't be pressing frequently enough to keep the practice aspects up.

What's your age, weight, height, and sex?
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Ok thanks for the insight!

33, 100kg, 183cm, male

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay Revell View Post
    Ok thanks for the insight!

33, 100kg, 183cm, male
    You're in a demographic that my previous statements would be particularly true.

If you were 70, the plan might be more appropriate, but you're not.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    You're in a demographic that my previous statements would be particularly true.

If you were 70, the plan might be more appropriate, but you're not.
    Thanks for that Andrew
    I'm 70 and the 1 on, 2 off HLM is working well for me. I get two less workouts per month than the 3x/week schedule but I feel much better on the Heavy days.
    I have a garage gym but could see that this format might be a problem for scheduling at an SS gym. Is that true? Maybe schedule retirees during non-peak times?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost and Found View Post
    Thanks for that Andrew
    I'm 70 and the 1 on, 2 off HLM is working well for me. I get two less workouts per month than the 3x/week schedule but I feel much better on the Heavy days.
    I have a garage gym but could see that this format might be a problem for scheduling at an SS gym. Is that true? Maybe schedule retirees during non-peak times?
    Well, I can't speak for all SS gyms, but I know that if you came into my gym wanting coaching with the background you just gave me, I'd recommend you train twice a week like Tu/Thu or Tu/Sat or something like that. I've done this with clients in the past at your age. It works pretty well.

If you want to train at an SS gym, I would just go talk to them about your programming and situation and see what you can make work. All of the coaches want to help you, so as long as it's viable in terms of strength progress and scheduling, they're going to make something work with your situation.