Hi All,

5'7, 31 years old, 84kg / 185lbish (aiming for the 83kg gang).

I'm currently running the 4 day split version of the Texas Method as Paul Horn describes only condensed into one week:

(sorry this is tiny - clicking on it makes it bigger)
4 DAY TEXAS METHOD.jpg

3 QUESTIONS

BENCHING

So my first question is how I would program more bench press in order to drive the bench up faster as it is becoming pretty tough? There alot of different idea's out there and i'm feeling abit overwhelmed - Practical Programming does not seem to cover this.

Andy Baker seems to think back of sets are the way to go: https://www.andybaker.com/bringing-u...ise-selection/

So i'm considering (sorry this is tiny - clicking on it makes it bigger):
4 DAY TEXAS METHOD ADJUSTED .jpg

MEET PREP

I've got a meet coming up at the start of February. I've run the Texas method down to singles on intensity day now across all lifts so i'm just doing 80% for volume day. I can see there are various approaches to meet prep as Andy describes involving deloading before the meet.etc - this worries me as I know what i'm like - if I deload / take a break I know the next week I will sometimes not perform. For example I am currently doing ascending singles on the intensity workouts and on the weekend before Christmas on the squat managed:

1x 198.5kg,
1 x 203.5kg FAIL (too much of a jump i think)
1 x 202.5 FAIL (too much of a jump i think)
1x 200kg
1 x 202.5kg
1 x 205kg
1 x 207kg
1 x 209kg

I missed an intensity squat session due to Christmas and when i came back this weekend was only able to do:

1 x 200kg
1 x 200kg
1 x 202.5kg
1 x 203.5 kg

with a lot of failing in between

My question is would it be acceptable to go back to doing all the Intensity work (Squat, Bench, Deadlift) on the Saturday and change nothing else up until the meet day and simply treat the meet day like any other Intensity day just aiming to put +1kg on the gym PB's?

TIME TO GET A COACH?

Would yall recommend i get some online coaching with the comp coming up? (4th February) - or have I left it abit late? I have been getting help with my deadlift form currently as multiple form issues were identified by the kind members of this forum (which I am working on).

Top singles so far:

Squat 209kg (possibly some form issues sometimes)

Bench 122.5kg

Deadlift 232kg (significant form issues - hopefully I can clear this up this week coming)

Cheers gang,
Henry