starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: bulk or cut?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Dude, I'll tell you in the simplest way I can: Get stronger, and your body and its physiology will do the rest. If physiology tells your body to add more mass, it will; otherwise, you will lose weight. It's that easy.

Just train hard, eat plenty of protein, good fats, and complex carbohydrates. Stay away from sugars and trans fats. Your body will do it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by gv3055 View Post
    Deadlift: 140 kg x 5 x 1 (tbh I can definitely do more weight than this, but I am building up slowly to not get so far ahead of squat at the moment)
    It is supposed to get ahead of the squat.

You have plenty of size for the numbers you are lifting. Don't gain more and keep getting stronger. Your body will recompose throughout that process.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    It is supposed to get ahead of the squat.

You have plenty of size for the numbers you are lifting. Don't gain more and keep getting stronger. Your body will recompose throughout that process.
    thanks a lot Robert, you and SouthernLifter appear to be absolutely correct.

Meanwhile the weight on the bar keeps going up (1x5 DL was 12.5 kg more this morning, now at 152.5 kg [335 pounds], only 27.5 kg more than my 3 sets of squats this morning) and my bodyweight seems to have stopped rising (without me changing anything about my diet), more or less.

The 405 lb Deadlift is slowly coming into view, which is my next DL milestone per se.

Thanks again for everyone's responses.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123