starting strength gym

Thread: Reddit Drivel

Default Reddit Drivel

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I haven't posted in years. I still tell people about the books and the program when people ask me advice and they are new/young/novices, but haven't had time for the forums.

Something caught my attention, though, while giving some advice on r/strength_training: the Mods posted this link: Star Spengled Banter: On Starting Strength and StrongLifts

I was wondering if any of you excellent people who have kept up with SS and related things would be willing to help me respond to it? I know it is garbage, but would not be able to articulate it well enough I fear.

TIA

Why is it necessary to respond to this?

Reddit is an excellent example of where democracy does not typically lead to correctness. There is no point in debating any of these people. Nothing you can say will convince them they are wrong or need to change their understanding.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Quote Originally Posted by joosejpr View Post
    I haven't posted in years. I still tell people about the books and the program when people ask me advice and they are new/young/novices, but haven't had time for the forums.

Something caught my attention, though, while giving some advice on r/strength_training: the Mods posted this link: Star Spengled Banter: On Starting Strength and StrongLifts

I was wondering if any of you excellent people who have kept up with SS and related things would be willing to help me respond to it? I know it is garbage, but would not be able to articulate it well enough I fear.

TIA
    Which part do you want to respond too? it's important to correctly tilt at windmills because Starting strength was mentioned very little throughout the article actually.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    There is no point in debating any of these people.
    Not on training, but the aesthetic element to which they ascribe a lot of value is quite debatable. We like a big and firm butt on a girl, so why do these guys think girls don’t like the same on us? The same goes for visible abs, super massive biceps and all the other shit. Their aesthetic choices are questionable to say the least, yet they take them at face value as if they were the Gospel.

The only reasonable response is to end your NLP with a 400+ deadlift, as a counterpoint to the �� that thinks a program of low bar squats, deadlifts, cleans, and chins does not train "the back."

starting strength coach development program
    That article is clearly written by someone who is not strong. There's nothing that can be argued with, because people like that have no anecdotal experience; but more importantly will only accept "studies" as information. They also, of course, believe that these ridiculous studies are applicable to anything approaching real training.

The best and only possible argument is to get strong, post your lifts, and tell the people how you did it.