starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to find the Texas Method

Default Where to find the Texas Method

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Where can I find the Texas Method? Is it in Practical Programming? If yes, what is the most recent edition? I enjoyed Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training (3rd) ed.

Just posting this shows that you aren't ready for the Texas Method.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Anders View Post
    Not necessarily, but I'd urge caution with the Texas Method, there are a lot of demographics who will just wreck themselves trying to make it work. A lot of people are drawn to it because of the cool name and the reputation for being "the hard one" (myself included at one point), but just because it's the hardest doesn't mean it's the one that will yield the best results.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Not necessarily, but I'd urge caution with the Texas Method, there are a lot of demographics who will just wreck themselves trying to make it work. A lot of people are drawn to it because of the cool name and the reputation for being "the hard one" (myself included at one point), but just because it's the hardest doesn't mean it's the one that will yield the best results.
    I hear you, CDR Fun. My comment was more directed at a question posted by someone who has a 4.5 year old account, with ~100 posts on this site, who evidently didn't do a basic internet search on this site for that program (as instructed in this forum's Sticky). There's plenty already here.

Having said that, I'm thankful for the mountains of information on that program here (and in the books). I learned enough to know that I had no business even trying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Anders View Post
    agreed,

but OP does not necessary need to wait until he is ready for it to start learning about it.
    I own both books but am still very much novice :-).

Thanks to those who posted helpful comments. "You aren't ready for TX method" is an interesting (albeit rude) statement. I never said I am interested in doing the program, only that I want to learn more about it. And yes, if I want to learn about it, I should pay the author(s) rather than skimming free info from the web. Besides, the age of an account on this website and number of posts has nothing to do with a person's strength level nor their motivation for wanting to read a book.

Quote Originally Posted by claywieczorek View Post
    Thanks to those who posted helpful comments. "You aren't ready for TX method" is an interesting (albeit rude) statement. I never said I am interested in doing the program, only that I want to learn more about it. And yes, if I want to learn about it, I should pay the author(s) rather than skimming free info from the web. Besides, the age of an account on this website and number of posts has nothing to do with a person's strength level nor their motivation for wanting to read a book.
    Allow me to apologize for my colleague's rudeness. This is not something I condone on this website. Rudeness hurts people's feelings, and people's feelings are the primary variable we pay attention to here at startingstrength.com.

Now, do you own the grey book?

Quote Originally Posted by claywieczorek View Post
    Where can I find the Texas Method?
    I think it's in Texas.

starting strength coach development program
    Did he find it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast