Light press 52.5x5x3
    Biceps 5x6x20
    Triceps 5x8x20

Friday:
    Squat 175x2x3 - failed
    Deadlift 192.5x1x2 - gave a little bit more stress for the missed squat
    Chin ups BWx2xmax
    Lat pulldowns 118.25x5x2

Using the bike to get to the beach and back home , like 5 min cycleing so dont think I waste a bunch of calories on that .
    Nothing obvious jumps out to me here. How long are you resting between squat sets?

How did you fail your intensity squats?
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Two things you might consider. First, reset your volume loads to around 80%. Second thing would be to switch your squat volume to Friday so you have 3 days to recover before the next intensity day.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    Nothing obvious jumps out to me here. How long are you resting between squat sets?

How did you fail your intensity squats?
    I am resting 6-7 mins (I am a student so time is limited for training).
    At the intensity day , warm ups felt really , really hard (espacially the last ones) , and when I took the bar out from the rack I felt that the weight is super heavy , but I squated it anyway and could not drive it up (I might say felt not recovered / weak) .
    Can it be a stress caused by the studying? I took 3 courses this semester (I am a computer sciance major student), and the last two week was damn tough with the exams and homework I needed to submit . I heared it too from Robert's Santan's podcast that this kind of stress in addition to the stress of training can fuck things up pretty bad (and if so , what is the right apporch to this situation)? For now , I am not training for competition , but I am training for general strength .

First, rest longer between sets.

Second, did you miss a rep because you were having a bad day or week? It happens. Stop worrying and try it again next week. However, if this happens a lot, you may need to make some changes. Matt James and Francesco gave some solid suggestions.

Third, are you getting good sleep, or are you having those dreams where you show up for a final exam and don't even recognize the classroom because you haven't attended a single class all year? That's called stress and it will affect your workouts. Just deal with it however you can, get as much sleep as possible, and keep going. If it were easy, everyone would be doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by heinz83 View Post
    Third, are you getting good sleep, or are you having those dreams where you show up for a final exam and don't even recognize the classroom because you haven't attended a single class all year?
    Those are the only kind of dreams I have.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeevOl View Post
    I am resting 6-7 mins (I am a student so time is limited for training).
    At the intensity day , warm ups felt really , really hard (espacially the last ones) , and when I took the bar out from the rack I felt that the weight is super heavy , but I squated it anyway and could not drive it up (I might say felt not recovered / weak) .
    Can it be a stress caused by the studying? I took 3 courses this semester (I am a computer sciance major student), and the last two week was damn tough with the exams and homework I needed to submit . I heared it too from Robert's Santan's podcast that this kind of stress in addition to the stress of training can fuck things up pretty bad (and if so , what is the right apporch to this situation)? For now , I am not training for competition , but I am training for general strength .
    Yeah, it might be the stress, but I suspect not.

How long are you resting between the final warm up and first workset?
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12